What We Do
CCD works with over 400 disabled children across 4 provinces in Thailand. We believe in a holistic approach, so we offer Day Care and Residential Care for disabled children abandoned by their families, but also work in communities empowering them to raise their disabled children at home.
Rainbow Rehabilitation Centre
Day Care Centres
New Hope Early Childhood Development Centre
CCD's aim is to demonstrate Jesus' love by helping to develop disabled children to their highest potential through a holistic approach and to ensure that disabled children have equal rights, opportunities and a good quality of life in Thailand. CCD welcomes international and local volunteers (both professional and non-professional) to work alongside CCD staff.
Support Our Cause
1. To develop the physical, mental, emotional and social skills of children with disabilities and special needs.
2. To enable special needs children to be self-sufficient and integrated into society rather than spend a life in an institutional setting.
3. To enable those children to take advantage of government help schemes.
4. To educate families and communities about the needs of children with disabilities and special needs.
5. To provide those children with necessary life and social skills.
Join Us at CCD
In 1986 CCD’s work was started by Christian Outreach for Relief and Development (CORD), UK. With help from CORD in 1990 Wasan and Chariya Saenwian opened their first Rainbow House home for disabled children. In 1997 CORD helped establish and register CCD as a Thai NGO as part of a process of localisation. CCD has now grown and currently has 10 projects.
Project Development Director